Get a Voki now!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Economy



It is almost impossible to survive in today’s economy. While shopping for food, I saw white eggs priced at $2.89 per carton which is very expensive. Rent on a small apartment in desirable areas is extremely overpriced. Many people are spending more time at home because of money problems. While at home people are watching boring television, listening to current music, and hanging out with annoying friends.

Vocabulary:

White: (Adjective) colorless
Expensive: (Adjective) costly; pricey
Desirable: (Adjective) pleasing; wanted
Extremely: (Adjective) very
Boring: (Adjective) uninteresting
Current: (Adjective) recent; present
Annoying: (Adjective) irritating

Close Exercise:

The table is ___________________ in color.
I need a _____________________ newspaper because I want to see what is happening today.
Most men select their women by how _________________ they are.
If a person constantly repeats the same thing very _________________.
I like the ___________________ car but I can’t afford it.
I find long books very _______________________.
I get _____________________ stressed when I have a test.

Additional Exercise:

Write a paragraph about food shopping with your parents. You must use at least 6 adjectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment