Get a Voki now!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Favorite Hiking Place



On of my favorite hobbies is walking leisurely through state parks. I could vaguely hear the fast moving river in the distance. I must walk carefully to avoid objects in my path. I slowly climb steep hills to see what is on the other side. While sliding awkwardly down the hill I sometimes see small animals running gracefully through the woods. When the wind blows fiercely you could see the leaves moving on the trees. State parks beautifully create a relaxing environment to clear my mind.

Vocabulary:

All of the following words are adverbs

Leisurely: calmly; relaxed
Vaguely: barely; not clearly
Fast: quick paced
Carefully: cautiously
Slowly: moving with little speed
Awkwardly: clumsily
Gracefully: elegantly; without stalling
Fiercely: violently

Close Exercise:

There are more than one possible answer in this section. Only use each vocabulary words one time.

People make fun of Ken because he dances ____________________.
I _________________ took a walk down the road because I had nothing to do all day.
The boxer _____________________ punched the other boxer until the fight was over.
Mom ____________________ stepped over the broken glass in the kitchen.
The eagle ____________________ flew over us as if it took no effort.
The turtle walked down the road very ___________________.
I __________________ remember the homework assignment because I didn’t write it down.
When Susan reads too ________________ she misses important details.

Additional Exercise:

Write a list of 10 verbs and give one adverb that could apply to each.

1 comment: